Monday, February 13, 2006

First Pictures - Silchar Trip

These are the first trip from my recent Silchar trip (5 - 11 February '06). More pictures to follow shortly!


The Marriage 'Kunjo'. The is where the Bride and Bridegroom take the '7 Pheras'.


The Floral Design of the Kunjo. Handdrawn and awesome!


This is where my 'Boro Mamu' (Uncle - Mother's brother!) freaked out. Went out every day to have sweets and got a bad tummy ache on the last day! This is also the place where my Dad used to frequent with his friends during the college days!


Scenic beauty! enroute to Shillong.


This truck's steering column gave way on its way up and that to on a bend! Held us up for over an hour on the highway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Supratim!

Nice to see that you have captured the sylheti marraige photos so nicely. I am also from Silchar and I loved the pictures.

I am a researcher in Delhi university and I am exploring ways in which blogs are helping people to network. I would appreciate if you could pull off some time and visit my research blog at http://nmsoc.blogspot.com and write about something your blogging experiences. Since you are one of those few serious bloggers in India, I would like to get your thoughts on blogging. Right now, as you can see in my blog, I am interested to learn how you got into blogging.

In case you do not feel like submitting your writeup on my blog directly, you can email me your writeup at newmedia.soc@gmail.com.

Alternately, in case you feel I can interview you through e-mails, do dash me a mail at my aforementioned address. I will get back to you.

Cheers!

Asim